- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: 20
- Ready in: 25
- Yield: 4 drinks
- 2cup Ragi Flour
- 3cups Water
- Himalayan salt to taste
- 2cups Buttermilk
- 2 tsp Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Hing
- 5-6 Curry Leaves Chopped
- 1 Green Chilli Chopped
- Dry roast the ragi flour for 8-10 minutes on low heat until slightly browned.
- Mix ragi flour and water in a pan.
- Mix well using a whisk to make a smooth mixture.
- Keep the pan on heat and cook the mixture until it thickens, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Keep stirring continuously.
- Remove the pan from heat and cool the mixture.
- Add Himalayan salt and buttermilk and mix well.
- Add more water or buttermilk if the kanji is too thick for your liking.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Once the oil is hot, add mustard seeds, hing, curry leaves and green chilli and let them crackle for a few seconds.
- Pour the tempering over the kanji.
Original Source: Whisk Affair. https://www.whiskaffair.com/salted-ragi-kanji-recipe/