- Prep Time: 5 –
- Cook Time: 5
- Ready in: 15
- Yield: 1 – 2 serves
- 2 avocados
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 41 1/2 inch-thick slices of bread
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 eggs (poached or fried)
- In a small bowl, mash the avocado with Himalayan salt and pepper.
- Slice a horizontal slit in the bread along the longest side, all the way through to the back, trying not to cut all the way through. Stuff each piece of bread with a quarter of the mashed avocado.
- In a shallow, rectangular container, whisk together the eggs, milk, and hot sauce.
- Melt butter on a griddle over medium-low heat. Dip the sandwiches in the egg mixture for a few seconds on each side. Cook the toast until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Top with a poached or fried egg, or other avo-toast toppings you wish!
Original Source: Food 52. https://food52.com/recipes/38662-avocado-stuffed-french-toast